Canon is one of the oldest and most appreciated camera brands in Zambia today. The brand is over time built a niche for itself in the market, establishing a lasting positive reputation, thanks to their standout products. With many exciting camera models to its name already, this post introduces another highly-rated camera, one of the very successful Canon products in the market today – Canon 600D.
The 600D sits among the very best Canon’s entry-level range cameras and is positioned between the popular Canon 550D and the appreciated 60D. Here, we will take a look at how much the camera goes for in the market in Zambia and some of its core specs.</p
Canon 600D price in Zambia
As it stands, the Canon 600D is available for purchase for anything between KW160, 000 and KW270, 000 depending on the attached camera lens you are going for. For instance, Canon EOS 600D Camera With 18 To 55mm Lens costs between KW160, 000 and KW180, 000 while one with 18-135mm Lens can be purchased for anything between KW190, 000 and KW270, 000.
Do not be surprised if you go to the market and notice a slight increase in the price of this camera. The current unease as a result of the global pandemic, which has significantly affected the rate of importation of products into the country has affected the prices of gadgets across the country. Hence, this could lead to a slight increase in the standard prices these gadgets go for. The difference in prices should be minimal though.
Canon cameras can be gotten directly from various Canon outlets and camera stores across the country. For ease, they can also be purchased from various ecommerce stores within and outside the country.
Canon 600D Key Specs
- Image sensor: 22.3 x 14.9 mm CMOS sensor with 18.7 million photosites (18 megapixels effective)
- Image processor: DiG!C 4
- Lens mount: Canon EF-S/EF
- Focal length crop factor:6x
- Image formats: Stills – CR2.RAW, JPEG (Exif 2.3), RAW+JPEG; Movies – MOV (Video: H.264, Sound: Linear PCM)
- Image Sizes: Stills – 5184 x 3456, 3456 x 2304, 2592 x 1728, 1920 x 1280, 720 x 480; Movies: 1920 x 1080 at 30/25/24 fps (330 MB/min); 1280 x 720 at 60/50 fps (330 MB/min), 640 x 480 at 30/25 fps (82.5 MB/min)
- Shutter speed range: 30 seconds to 1/4000 second plus Bulb; flash synch at 1/200 second
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5EV in 1/2 or 1/3 EV increments
- Exposure bracketing: 3 frames across +/- 2EV in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- Focus system: TTL-CT-SIR phase-detection system with a CMOS sensor; 9 AF points (f/5.6 cross type at centre); auto/manual AF point selection
- Focus modes: AI Focus, One Shot, AI Servo; manual focusing supported
- Exposure metering: 63-zone TTL full aperture metering with Evaluative, Partial, Spot and Centre-weighted average modes
- Shooting modes: Scene Intelligent Auto, No Flash, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Movie, Program AE , Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual
- Picture Style/Control settings: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- ISO range: Auto, ISO 100-6400 (expandable to ISO 12800)
- White balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom. White balance compensation: Blue/Amber +/-9; Magenta/Green +/-9; +/- 3 levels of WB bracketing
- Sequence shooting: Up to 3.7 fps; max. 34 Large/Fine JPEGs, 6 raw frames
- Storage Media: Single slot that accepts SD/SDHC/SDXC cards
- Viewfinder: Pentamirror with fixed focusing screen, 95% FOV coverage, 0.85x magnification, approx 19mm eye relief, dioptre adjustment from -3.0 to +1.0 dpt
- LCD monitor:0-inch vari-angle TFT LCD with 170-degree viewing angle and approx. 1,040,000 dots
- Live View modes: Live View Shooting, Remote Live View Shooting, Face Detection, AF Mode, Manual, Magnified View, Multi Aspect Ratio, Exposure Simulation display
- Playback functions: Single-frame, Index (4 or 9 frames), Jump display, Enlarge (1.5x to 10x), Slideshow, Picture rotation (auto mode available), Histogram (independent luminance/RGB available), Shooting information with/without highlight alert
- Interface terminals: USO 2.0 Hi-Speed, HDMI (HDMI-CEC compatible), Video output (PAL/NTSC), External Mic. terminal (3.5mm Stereo mini jack), remote control (RS-60E3)
- Power supply: LP-E8 rechargeable lithium-ion battery; CIPA rated for approx. 440 shots/charge
Canon 600D: What you will like about the camera
- The camera dons a standout 18 MP sensor, which is the same as the ones in the 60D and the 7D, both of which costs way more and rated higher.
- The camera has the ability to record full High Definition (HD) videos at different frame rates.
- Canon 600D also dons vari-angle 1, 040K dot swivel screen which is really great for shooting in awkward and difficult positions.
- The camera also features USB ports and mini-HDMI output that allows you connect to other devices to send pictures and videos.
- The compact form factor of the camera does not feel cramped and poky.
- The camera has a brilliant dynamic and lively range for shooting in harsh and uncomfortable lighting conditions and environment.
- There are loads of lovely in-camera effects that one can apply to the photos.
Canon 600D: What you may not like about the camera
- One of the most notable downside here is that the camera has video limit of just 29 minutes and 59 seconds, which is quite low.
- The camera also makes some noise in video in a low light environment.
- There is also this uncomfortable noise when shooting at ISO 1600 and above
- The autofocus does not work so well in low-light conditions.
- There is no weather sealing.