Water is one of the most essential natural resources in the world today. Apart from the fact that no man can do without water, its importance waves beyond human existence. While the world has been abundantly blessed with great quantity, the main issue lies in the maintenance and storage of the quantity in our resources. One of the most effective ways to achieve this is through borehole drilling.
Borehole drilling is becoming a more common way for people in Zambia, especially in rural areas, to get clean water. But the cost of drilling a borehole can vary a lot depending on a number of things, such as the depth of the hole, the equipment used, and where the project is. Here’s what you need to know about the cost of borehole drilling in Zambia, including the top 10 providers and a price overview.
Top 10 Providers and Prices for Borehole Drilling in Zambia
- Aquaprime Zambia – K15,000 – K25,000 for 40 meters
- Tijan Zambia – K10,000 – K25,000 for 30 meters
- Drillcorp Zambia – K12,000 – K30,000 for 30 meters
- Zambezi Drilling – K8,000 – K25,000 for 30 meters
- Geo Drilling – K12,000 – K30,000 for 30 meters
- MKS Enterprises – K7,000 – K20,000 for 30 meters
- Sitemize Zambia – K12,000 – K20,000 for 30 meters
- Waterman Drilling – K10,000 – K25,000 for 30 meters
- GeoQuest – K10,000 – K20,000 for 30 meters
- Chiman Manufacturing – K12,000 – K30,000 for 30 meters
Borehole drilling is a popular water solution in Zambia, as it provides access to underground water sources for both household and commercial use. In this article, we will be exploring the cost of borehole drilling in Zambia, and provide a top 10 list of the best borehole drilling companies in Zambia, along with their estimated prices.
The cost of borehole drilling in Zambia ranges from ZMK 100,000 to ZMK 250,000, depending on several factors such as the depth of the borehole, the location, and the type of equipment used. Some borehole drilling companies offer packages that include the drilling, installation of pumps, and any necessary repairs for a set price.
Here is a list of the top 10 borehole drilling companies in Zambia and their estimated prices:
- Aqua Solutions: This company offers comprehensive borehole drilling services and has a team of experienced technicians who use modern equipment to ensure the highest quality results. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Aqua Solutions is between ZMK 250,000 and ZMK 1,500,000, depending on the depth of the borehole.
- Hydro-Geo: This company offers a wide range of drilling services and has a reputation for providing high-quality work at affordable prices. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Hydro-Geo is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 1,000,000.
- Zambezi Drilling: Zambezi Drilling is a well-established company that provides drilling services throughout Zambia. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Zambezi Drilling is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 1,200,000.
- Water Wells for Africa: This company specializes in providing affordable, high-quality borehole drilling services to communities in need. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Water Wells for Africa is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 800,000.
- Deep Well Drilling: Deep Well Drilling is a reputable company that provides borehole drilling services throughout Zambia. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Deep Well Drilling is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 1,000,000.
- Drilling Solutions: This company offers a wide range of drilling services, including borehole drilling, and has a team of experienced technicians who use modern equipment to ensure the highest quality results. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Drilling Solutions is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 1,200,000.
- Water for Life: This company provides affordable, high-quality borehole drilling services to communities in need. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Water for Life is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 700,000.
- Borehole Solutions: Borehole Solutions is a well-established company that provides drilling services throughout Zambia. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Borehole Solutions is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 1,000,000.
- Groundwater Drilling: Groundwater Drilling is a reputable company that provides borehole drilling services throughout Zambia. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Groundwater Drilling is between ZMK 200,000 and ZMK 1,200,000.
- Drillmax: This company offers comprehensive borehole drilling services and has a team of experienced technicians who use modern equipment to ensure the highest quality results. The estimated cost of borehole drilling with Drillmax is between ZMK 250,000 and ZMK 1,500,000.
It is important to note that the prices listed above are estimated and can vary depending on various factors such as location, depth, and the type of equipment used. It is always best to contact local drilling companies for more up-to-date and accurate information on their prices.
In this post, we will take a look at how much it costs to drill a borehole in Zambia today.
Cost of Borehole Drilling in Zambia
Borehole drilling is one of the most efficient and common ways to store water in Zambia today. The drilling process involves different stages and styles and they vary in prices. The borehole drilling process can be relatively expensive and tasking. Apart from the monetary cost, it also involves heavy workforce, although this depends on the type of borehole drilling method you are going for.
Usually, water boreholes in most parts of Zambia are between a hundred and two hundred feet range depending on the availability of water in the area. It should be noted that the various types of borehole drilling, as will be discussed in the next session, determine the actual amount you’d expect to pay for a standard borehole drilling process. On average, borehole drilling can cost between KW120,000 and KW600,000 depending on some core factors that will be discussed in the next section.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Borehole Drilling in Zambia
There are different types of borehole drilling processes and these types basically affect how much the drilling process will go for. There are a lot of other factors that play a part in the eventual prices they go for. These factors, as listed below, have specific effects on the eventual price of the process and if you want to cut cost, you need to look into these processes and get a way to minimize cost and maintain high quality. Here are some of these factors.
1. Type of Borehole drilling process
This is the most important determinant of the actual price the process goes for. As far as Zambia is concerned, there are two main types of the borehole drilling process – the manual drilling process and the heavy-duty borehole drilling process. The manual process is one that requires more than 10 people to drill the borehole.
This process requires higher manpower, takes more time but ultimately cuts the cost to the barest minimum. This process is usually slower and is adopted in a low-budget area without so much complexity in the drilling process and topography. This usually costs between KW120, 000 and KW300, 000. The second method is the heavy-duty method.
This borehole drilling process requires a lesser number of people as the borehole is drilled by a heavy-duty machine. Unlike the manual process, this method is faster and more reliable. However, it is more expensive than the manual method. The heavy-duty borehole drilling method usually costs between KW300, 000 and KW600, 000, although, they cist way more on a few occasions.
Another factor that strongly affects the prices of borehole drilling is the location. Some cities are more expensive than others. For instance, you would not compare how much you pay for borehole drilling in Lusaka and Lusaka with the amount you pay in some other parts of the country. This is largely because the cost of living in these places is more expensive, leading to more expensive cost of materials needed for the process.
In addition, if the use is very commercial, and there are many people in there, then the cost could significantly go even way higher. This affects both the manual method and the heavy-duty method.
What You Should Know About Borehole Drilling
Borehole Drilling is precisely as it sounds – the making of a narrow, deep hole in the ground known as a borehole. There are ways to drill a borehole and you can choose the best method depending on the location. For a water borehole, there is a need to make sure that there is a feasible water source to tap into. The water stockpiled within could have been there for many years, or could be nourishing to a stream somewhere else. By boring into it, the pressure from below allows you to access the water.
If you live in a location where public water is readily accessible, it might seem odd to you that anybody would want a well drilled. Nonetheless, those living in areas where water is both not readily available and not so clean may have a different story. Because people in this region may have issues accessing water, they have devised an alternative method to manage their resources, with the borehole drilling among the most feasible method.
In recent times, many geological companies are now more focused on borehole drilling. This is not only seen as a great business opportunity, it is also a great opportunity to assist people in the drilling process with heavy duty machines.
These companies also advice on the exact location to drill. They do this by carrying out underground geological procedures to decide the best areas with huge tenacity for underground water. This ensures a smooth drilling at the right spot. To be safe though, it is always advisable for corporations and individuals to employ the services of these companies to help the borehole drilling process.