They are not the smoothest of soaps; they are probably not the most sensational when it comes to how soaps smell; but there is one thing that is evident – Dudu Osun rates among the very best natural soaps in the market today. While many people have discovered the secrets of smooth and amazing skin for a very long time, some others are now beginning to realize the advantages of African black soaps, especially Dudu Osun. Whatever great thing you have heard about the soap is most likely true.
This post takes a look at one of the finest African Black soaps – Dudu Osun. Here, we will take a look at their advantages, contents, and most importantly, how much they go for in the current market.
What is the Cost of Dudu Osun Soap in Zambia?
Dudu Osun has evolved to become one of the most sought after African black soap in the market today. The soap comes in various sizes and packages. As it stands, a typical Dudu Osun costs between KW400 – KW600 for a pack, depending on the size (gram), and the place of purchase. They can also be purchased in bundles. For instance, there is a pack of three, pack of six and even pack of eight. If you are buying in packs, there will be a slight reduction in the prices. For example, if a piece sells for say, KW500, the pack of 4 of the same could go for KW1, 800, instead of KW2, 000. Buying in bulk reduces the price of the soap.
Other factors like the place of purchase also affect how much the soap sells for. For instance, if the soap sells for KW500 in Lusaka, the same soap could cost way less in some other parts of the country.
Advantages of Dudu Osun Soap
There are many advantages attributed to African black soaps in general. Dudu Osun, one of the most common of these soaps don loads of outstanding advantages. It should be noted that while these advantages are general, people’s body reaction to the soap varies. The way your body reacts to the soap depends on your body texture and overall sensitivity. With this already explained, let us now take a look at some of the top advantages of Dudu Osun.
- They act as Antibacterial – One of the top and most popular advantages people associate with Dudu Osun is that the soap boasts loads of antibacterial components that makes the soap an amazing alternative to chemical-contained cleansers. Some have eve argued that the soap does better job than these cleansers. The fact that the soap is not as harsh on the skin as these cleaners gives it an edge over various chemical-laden cleaners. It is gentle on the skin and does a very great job as an antibacterial.
- Moisturizes the Skin – If you are familiar with Dudu Osun, then you would have experienced this. The soap contains a certain amount of shea butter, just enough to satisfyingly relieve irritation and mollify dry skin. If you have a very sensitive dry skin, then switching to Dudu Osun wouldn’t be such a bad idea considering the fact that apart from shea butter, the soap also contains cocoa and coconut oil to add moisture to the skin.
- Great for Sensitive Skins – People with dry and very sensitive skins usually have problems selecting soaps and creams. Skin therapists would have warned them to avoid various kinds of soaps. African black soaps like Dudu Osun however, offers hope, as they are natural and fragrance-free. The soap works perfectly well for sensitive skins. Although it should still be noted that overall reaction depends on the user’s ski sensitivity. For those that also have oily skin, Dudu Osun can the skin’s oil production without necessarily stripping the required quantity of oil needed.
- Soothes Irritation – This is one of the advantages of Dudu Osun only few knows about. Dudu Osun helps soothe skin inflammation and irritation caused by eczema, contact dermatitis, or skin allergies. The soap can also help clear rashes which could be related to eczema or psoriasis. While many have used this soap to curb the effects of highlighted skin issues, some still struggle to find a matching cream to compensate the effect. Hence, it is important to note that to get the very best of the soap, it is essential to use a cream that would not counter the effect of the soap.
- Fights Acnes – This may come as a surprise to many but Dudu Osun may help fight acne. It should be stated however, that like most other advantages of the soap, the effect of the soap largely depends on the user’s skin sensitivity, which will drive how the body reacts to the soap.
Possible Side Effects of Dudu Osun
Many people have asked questions about the possible side effects of African black soap generally. As already stated, the way you skin react to the soap largely depends on the sensitivity of your skin. While Dudu Osun is a great soap, even for sensitive skins, there are some possible side effects that have been reported over the years. Some of these side effects include the following;
- Acne breakout
- Skin Irritation.
While the effects listed above are the common ones experienced by people, there may be other serious side effects. If you feel any of these side effects, you need to discontinue the use of the soap and see a dermatologist to advice on what to do.