Imagine walking into a friend’s house that’s beautifully decorated with stunning wall hangings, art pieces, comfortable couches, attractive doors, and a lovely ceiling. But then, your gaze falls on the dull, unattractive flooring. It’s a bit of a letdown, isn’t it?
The Importance of Floor Tiles
Floor tiles are a crucial element of interior design, offering durability, style, and functionality to any space. In Zambia, there’s a wide range of floor tiles available, varying in size, color, texture, and price. In this article, we’ll explore the top 10 floor tiles in Zambia and their approximate prices:
- Ceramic tiles – Known for their durability and affordability, ceramic tiles are the most common type of floor tiles in Zambia. The average price ranges from ZMK 100 to ZMK 200 per square meter.
- Porcelain tiles – Popular for their durability and resistance to stains and scratches, porcelain tiles average between ZMK 200 to ZMK 300 per square meter.
- Mosaic tiles – These tiles are popular for their unique patterns and vibrant colors, with prices ranging from ZMK 150 to ZMK 250 per square meter.
- Granite tiles – Known for their durability and resistance to stains and scratches, granite tiles average between ZMK 500 to ZMK 600 per square meter.
- Marble tiles – Celebrated for their elegance and durability, marble tiles average between ZMK 500 to ZMK 600 per square meter.
- Travertine tiles – Popular for their unique patterns and durability, travertine tiles average between ZMK 500 to ZMK 600 per square meter.
- Limestone tiles – Known for their durability and resistance to stains and scratches, limestone tiles average between ZMK 300 to ZMK 400 per square meter.
- Slate tiles – Slate tiles are popular for their durability and resistance to stains and scratches, with prices ranging from ZMK 300 to ZMK 400 per square meter.
- Sandstone tiles – Known for their durability and resistance to stains and scratches, sandstone tiles average between ZMK 300 to ZMK 400 per square meter.
- Terrazzo tiles – Popular for their durability and affordability, terrazzo tiles average between ZMK 150 to ZMK 250 per square meter.
Choosing the right floor tiles is a significant investment, with many options to choose from depending on your budget and style preferences. The prices mentioned are approximate and subject to change. It’s essential to consider the quality, durability, and cost when making your final decision.
The Impact of Floor Tiles
The importance of beautiful flooring cannot be overstated. While it might not be the first thing you notice in a house, it’s among the main factors that determine the class and beauty of a building. Floor tiles have gone beyond just beautifying a house; they make the house feel “homely,” warm, and solid. In architectural science, floor tiles are gaining more importance every day. Whether in offices, hotel rooms, service rooms, living rooms, malls, or airports, floor tiles help make a big impression and radiate a class of their own.
Floor tiles come in different designs, colors, and types. They also vary in grades and qualities, leading to a range in prices. Given the rate at which structures are being built every day in Zambia, one can expect the floor tile market to be among the most trending. The varying types of these tiles available today only make the choice of picking the right tiles for your house more difficult.
Floor tiles mostly come in square blocks. They are made from various materials, including ceramics and stones. In Zambia,the most common type is ceramic, and they are available in various sizes. It’s important to note that tiles are chosen based on the kind of room. For instance, you wouldn’t want to floor your kitchen or bathroom with slippery tiles. Instead, you should opt for materials that are less slippery.
Prices of Floor Tiles in Zambia
Floor tiles come in different sizes and types, hence, they vary in prices. They can be expensive, and their prices heavily depend on the type and design. Tiles designed for living rooms are generally more expensive than ones used for bathroom or kitchen floors. It’s also important to consider installation charges.
Floor tiles can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be purchased via online stores and other contemporary roofing sheets stores around.
Floor tiles are available in different types, colors, and designs. Let’s take a look at the prices of various types in the market today:
- Vitrified tiles price in Zambia
- 30×30 pack – KW1,000 – KW1,500
- 40×40 pack – KW1,200 – KW1,500
- 30×60 pack – KW1, 450 – KW1, 600.
- Ceramic tiles price in Zambia
- 30 × 30 pack – KW1,200 – KW1,500
- 40 x 40 pack – KW1, 400 – KW1, 750
- Unpolished Porcelain Price in Zambia
- 40 x 40 – KW2, 500 – KW3, 000
- 30 x 60 – KW3, 500 – KW4, 000
- Polished Porcelain Price in Zambia
- 30 x 30 – KW2, 500 – KW2, 750
- 40 x 40 – KW2, 700 – KW3, 000
- Granite Tiles Price in Zambia
- 30 x 30 – KW5, 250 – KW5, 500
- 40 x 40 – KW6, 500 – KW6, 750
- 30 x 60 – KW5, 500 – KW6, 000
- 60 x 60 – KW7, 900 – KW8, 000
Things to Consider Before Buying Floor Tiles
Knowing the exact type of floor tiles to buy can be challenging. The various types available in the market today have only made the decision more difficult. To streamline your options and pick the best floor tile for you, there are some factors you need to put into consideration. Some of these factors include:
- Tile Location: This is one of the most important factors to consider. Where you plan on installing the tiles affects the type and size of tiles you buy. Floor tiles for sitting rooms are usually shiny, attractive, and quite slippery. This type of tiles cannot be used for the kitchen or bathroom. Consider where you want the tiles installed.
- Tile Design: While some people prefer using the same tile size and design all through, some others believe different sizes and designs of tiles add more color and elegance to the house. It’s important to note which you want.
- Budget: Tiles vary in prices. Generally, porcelain tiles are more expensive than ceramics, they are also more durable and reliable. This doesn’t take away the fact that ceramic tiles wouldn’t do the job perfectly well for you. Consider your budget and go for what you can afford.