Honda Crosstour Prices in Zambia
When we talk about Crossover Vehicles, this is perhaps one of the classiest you can find out there. Originally called the Accord Crosstour, this classy piece of mid-size crossover SUV is one automobile that you can’t just look away from. Ever since it was introduced to the market in 2009, it has continued to evolve with the changing times, adopting designs and conveniences that suit the user’s needs.
In Zambia, you’ll probably find models ranging from 2010 to 2015, as production was halted in 2016 for commercial reasons. It is both great for family recreational activities and as a stylish piece of machine for that single gentleman or lady. The amazing thing about the Crosstour is the class it brings whenever it shows up. It stands out as a car of cars, or if you like, a Crossover among Crossovers.
Slightly longer than Honda’s lineup of SUVs, including the Element, CR-V, HR-V and even earlier versions like the Honda Passport, but it does have a much lower profile. It has a similar platform like the Accord, but can be referred to as a Wagon variation of the Accord Brand. It is one of the luxury automobiles of the Honda brand, and commands the respect that comes with the name. If you’re considering buying this product, you may have just landed on the right page.
Honda Crosstour Prices in Zambia
There was a time when every young dude driving a Crosstour was a suspected Yahoo boy or a political courier or drug pusher, or something illegal. Well, that’s what people thought, but it’s solely because of the “luxury” status accorded it in their minds. But is the Crosstour really that expensive?
I have already stated that production of the Honda Crosstour models ceased in 2016. What I didn’t mention was that production was discontinued as a result of slow sales, similar to what happened with the Element. That should tell you that there are no new Crosstours in the market. However, what you can get as Tokunbo (foreign used) or Second-hand (Zambian used) are also very clean, because the brand is still relatively new.
But just how much does the model cost?
For the sake of this post, we’ll limit our search to just Tokunbo and Zambian used Crosstours, because those are what are readily available in the Zambian market.
Honda Crosstour Prices in Zambia (Tokunbo)
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2011 === KW3,500,000 – KW7,500,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2012 === KW4,000,000 – KW6,500,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2013 === KW6,000,000 – KW8,000,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L-AWD 2013 === KW6,800,000 – KW8,500,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2014 === KW6,500,000 – KW9,000,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2014 EX === KW8,500,000 – KW10,000,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2015 === KW7,000,000 – KW10,000,000
Prices of Locally Used Honda Crosstour
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2012 === KW4,000,000 – KW5,000,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L AWD 2012 === KW3,900,000 – KW5,000,000
- Honda Accord Crosstour 2013 === KW4,000,000 – KW6,000,000
Things you should know about Honda Crosstour
The Honda Crosstour is a luxury crossover SUV that has the exterior design of a 5-door station wagon. Its versions include the Front-Wheel Drive and the All-Wheel Drive. It is powered by a 3.5-ltr V6 Engine, but can also work alternatively with the 2.4-ltr 4-cylinder engine, especially the front wheel drive. It is closely related with the Accord Acura TL, and was a close competitor of the Venza for some years.
The 2013 model was introduced to the market before the dawn of that year with some upgrades. It had a much more powerful and more fuel efficient Earth Dreams V6 engine attached with a 6-speed automatic that replaced the previous V6 and 5-speed automatic versions. Its dimensions stand at Length; 195.8 in (4,973 mm), Width; 74.7 in (1,897 mm), Height; 65.7 in (1,669 mm).
The regular Crosstour design has a two-row seating arrangement and can comfortably seat 4 persons with a driver. The 2013 remodeling introduced a pattern common with more recent versions. There is an improved Fuel economy for V6 models, up to an EPA-estimated 20/30/23 mpg (city/highway/combined) both for front-wheel-drive as well as 19/28/22 mpg for all-wheel-drive.
On the inside, there is a 10-way superpower (2-way lumbar) driver’s seat, giving you a good look at the beautifully mounted auto-dimming rearview mirror which also became standard on all trims. Of course as expected, the vehicle comes fully fitted with sound player, good AC system, alloy wheels, amazingly steady tyres, touchscreen, USB port and several other features.
What you will Like about the Honda Crosstour
There are some very important factors to note that may also increase your interest in this crossover SUV. Some of the things you will like include;
- Roomy: Trust me, there are quite a number of SUVs and crossovers that may appear large on the outside, but have very tight interior. This is not the case with the Crosstour. It was actually built to fit your needs and create that homely ambience away from home.
- Exclusivity: Perhaps, you’re one of those Zambians who do not want to use vehicles that are too mass produced. This may just be the one for you. There are not too many Crosstour owners in Zambia. This gives some form of value and exclusivity to an owner.
- High Performance: The high-powered V6 engine is a top choice for many reasons. It is durable and also highly performing. If you know about cars, you should know what I mean. The fact that it is a 3.5-ltr engine also makes it an economy vehicle.
- Style: It is often a feat for automobile makers when they make SUVs and Crossovers that are equally fascinating to look at. From the interior beauty to the exterior curves and lines, this one is a nobrainer.
- There are some additional features like monitoring system, anti-lock braking system, standard airbags, and several other stuffs you’d want your ride to have.
Things you may not like about Honda Crosstour
- The price of the Crosstour is seen as a bit on the high side by many people.
- Parts are also quite expensive due to the exclusivity of the vehicle.
- Since it is not a standard SUV, but a Crossover, it could be too much to expect the same rugged performance you get from a Highlander, Prado, 4Runner, and the others.