Hyundai Elantra is one of the most talked-about mid-range vehicles in the automobile market in Zambia today. Apart from the fact that the sedan rates as the most sought-after Hyundai vehicle in the local scene, it offers loads of value and specs usually not set up on cars in its class. While the overall quality of the vehicle is not being questioned, there are debates about how much the sedan does for in the market.
This post takes a look at how much Hyundai Elantra goes for in the Zambian automobile market today.
Brand new Hyundai Elantra prices in Zambia
Estimating the exact among a brand new Hyundai Elantra goes for is quite tricky. This is largely due to the current global pandemic which has significantly limited importation of vehicles into the country. This has also affected the prices of various products, including automobiles.
With this in mind, we expect a brand new Hyundai Elantra to still go for anything between KW9 million and KW12 million, which is just a tad higher than it was about four to five months ago. The variation in the price is as a result of factors like the currency exchange rate at the period of purchase, varying custom clearance charges, and many other similar factors. The variation also depends on the variant you are going for.
The sedan is readily available for purchase across Zambia. They can be purchased directly from manufacturers or various distributors all over the world.
Prices of used Hyundai Elantra in Zambia
The list below highlights the latest prices of various models of both foreign (Tokunbo) and locally used Hyundai Elantra go for in Zambia in 2019. It should be noted that, just like the brand new versions, prices of foreign used vehicles have been affected by the current unease in the global market.
Some other factors that could affect the eventual price used vehicles go for include the condition of the vehicle, the currency exchange rate at the time of purchase, custom clearance tariffs, and other related factors that have been considered, hence the variation in the prices.
Foreign Used (Tokunbo) Hyundai Elantra in Zambia
- 2007 – 2008: KW1.5 million – KW2 million
- 2009 – 2010: KW1.7 million – KW2.3 million
- 2011 – 2012: KW2 million – KW2.7 million
- 2013 – 2014: KW3 million – KW3.5 million
- 2015 – 2016: KW3.3 million – KW4.5 million
- 2017 – 2018: KW4 million – KW5 million
Locally Used Hyundai Elantra in Zambia
- 2003 – 2004: KW600, 000 – KW800, 000
- 2005 – 2006: KW700, 000 – KW900, 000
- 2007 – 2008: KW800, 000 – KW1.3 million
- 2009 – 2010: KW1.2 million – KW1.9 million
- 2011 – 2012: KW1.5 million – KW2 million
- 2013 – 2014: KW1.8 million – KW2.5 million
- 2015 – 2016: KW2.3 million – KW3 million
Used Hyundai Elantra is, like many other Hyundai vehicles, readily available in the automobile market across the country. Although these sedans are generally not as strong as vehicles of some other popular automobile brands like Toyota and Honda, they have fair second-hand value.
Things you will like about Hyundai Elantra
- Relatively Cheap: This is perhaps one of the most attractive facts about this classy sedan. Despite the lovely features the vehicle boasts, it is amazing to see it goes for such affordable prices, especially when compared with the likes of Toyota Corolla, Toyota Camry, and other similar sedans in that class. If you want a smart, compact, and highly efficient sedan without having to break the bank, the Hyundai Elantra should be among the top options on your list.
- Fuel Economy: Toyota sedans remain one of the very best when it comes to fuel efficiency but Hyundai Elantra comes close enough. Fuel economy for the sedan is rated at about 33 mpg in the city and 41 mpg in the highway. The fuel efficiency is commendable as it rates among the very best in its class.
- Efficient Engine: The Hyundai Elantra offers 4 different classes of four-cylinder engines. The Elantra Eco variants run on a 1.4-liter turbocharged I-4, which makes 128 hp and 156 lb-ft coupled to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission driving the front wheels. The Elantra GT models are powered by a 2.0-liter I-4 with 161 hp and 150 lb-ft. they use a six-speed automatic transmission and are rated at about 25/32. The Elantra Sport and GT N-Line models feature a 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 that makes 201 hp and 195 lb-ft.
- Great Safety Features – Safety is one key factor Hyundai takes the important they have shown that with the Elantra. The latest models have the Hyundai SmartSense as standard across all the variants, which include features like automatic emergency braking, lane keeps assist, and driver attention warning. The Elantra SEL models and over models above the models add blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert. The Elantra Limited models also add automatic high beams and feature adaptive cruise control.
Things you may not like about Hyundai Elantra
- Inferior Cabin Materials: There is a feeling you get when you ride in a classy sedan. While the Elantra gives you a lot to savor when it comes to the overall build, there is a sense of disappointment when you consider the materials used to design the cabin. One would have expected a more sophisticated interior cabin material to complement the nice build. This is a letdown.
- Lackluster Driving Experience – For a sedan that boasts the engine type and size of Elantra, one would expect an exciting driving experience. However, this is another disappointing it of the sedan.