The iPhone X, pronounced “iPhone Ten”, was a significant leap forward in Apple’s smartphone line, marking the 10th anniversary of the iPhone’s launch. Introduced in 2017, the iPhone X showcased an all-new design with a full-screen display, Face ID, and a stainless-steel frame. The device was available in two color options: Space Gray and Silver, and came in two storage capacities: 64GB and 256GB.
iPhone X Specifications
|Size||5.65 inches (143.6 mm) height, 2.79 inches (70.9 mm) width, and 0.30 inch (7.7 mm) depth|
|Resolution||2436-by-1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi|
|Technology||Super Retina HD display, OLED Multi-Touch display, HDR display|
|Peak brightness||625 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)|
iPhone X Market Analysis
The iPhone X was announced on September 12, 2017, and was available for pre-order on October 27, 2017. The device was officially released on November 3, 2017. Despite its high price point, the iPhone X was met with significant demand. The supply of iPhone X units from Apple’s online store was exhausted just minutes after preorders commenced.
iPhone X Buying Guide
If you’re in the market for a new smartphone, the iPhone X could be a great choice. Released in November 2017, the iPhone X was Apple’s 11th generation flagship phone, boasting a spec bump to the A11 Bionic processor and being the first iPhone to ditch the physical home button in favor of gesture navigation. However, buying a used iPhone X requires careful consideration. This guide will walk you through the key factors to consider when purchasing a used iPhone X.
What to Check When Buying a Used iPhone X
When buying a used iPhone X, there are several things you need to check to ensure you’re getting a good deal:
- Activation Lock: Make sure the used iPhone isn’t stolen. With its Activation Lock feature, Apple prevents new users from activating stolen iPhones. You’ll only know if a phone is activation-locked after you buy it if you can’t unlock the iCloud-locked iPhone.
- Carrier Compatibility: Even if you have the right iPhone model, it’s a good idea to call your phone company before you buy to confirm it can activate the phone.
- Storage Capacity: Used iPhones usually aren’t the latest models and often have less storage space than current models. The iPhone X is available in two storage configurations: 64GB and 256GB.
- Visible Damage: Fully inspect the device for any signs of visible damage. Don’t worry too much about superficial damage, but take it into account when it comes to the price of the item.
- Battery Health: Use the iPhone a bit and see how it performs. Take the age of the device into consideration, and be aware that older devices will be more sluggish than newer ones.
Where to Buy a Used iPhone X
There are several places where you can buy a used or refurbished iPhone X:
- Apple: Apple sells refurbished products on its website. While it doesn’t always have iPhones, the selections change daily, so it’s worth checking.
- Phone Companies: Most of the major phone companies selling new iPhones also sell used or refurbished ones traded in during upgrades or returned for repairs.
- Used Resellers: Companies like Gazelle buy and sell used iPhones, often with attractive prices, quality guarantees, and protection plans.
The iPhone X, despite being a few years old, still feels like a modern device on the surface. It’s a testament to the quality and longevity of Apple’s products. If you’re considering buying a used iPhone X, this guide should help you make an informed decision.
iPhone X Price Comparison
In the world of smartphones, the iPhone X still holds its ground as a reliable and high-performing device, despite newer models being released. If you’re considering purchasing an iPhone X, it’s essential to compare prices across different platforms to ensure you’re getting the best deal. Let’s dive into a detailed comparison of iPhone X prices on three popular platforms: Swappa, Amazon, and Apple Trade-In.
Swappa is a trusted platform for buying used tech, including iPhones. As of September 2023, the average price for an iPhone X on Swappa is $251, with prices starting as low as $149. The price varies depending on the storage size, with the 64GB model averaging at $198 and the 256GB model at $222.
Amazon’s prices for the iPhone X are not explicitly mentioned in the search results. However, it’s worth noting that Amazon offers both new and used devices, and prices can vary significantly based on the condition of the phone. It’s recommended to check the latest prices on Amazon’s website for the most accurate information.
Apple offers a trade-in program where you can exchange your old device for credit towards a new one. The exact trade-in value depends on the model and condition of your old device. While the search results do not provide specific trade-in values for the iPhone X, you can check the latest trade-in values on Apple’s official website.
In conclusion, the best platform for purchasing an iPhone X depends on your specific needs and budget. Swappa offers competitive prices for used devices, while Apple’s trade-in program could be a great option if you have an old device to exchange. Remember to always compare prices across different platforms before making a purchase to ensure you’re getting the best deal.