Every office that deals with paper documents should also have a laminating machine. Interestingly, these machines do a lot more than just protecting documents from damage. Asides from the regular office size laminating machines, there are also industrial laminating machines.
Regardless of the type of laminating machine that you need, you should check for the prices before making a purchase. This will help you to plan better. To this end, we have combed the market on your behalf to get the prices of laminating machines in Zambia.
Prices of Laminating Machines in Zambia
One of the advantages of using laminating machines is that they help to protect documents. They do this by adding a clear plastic film over the document. This protects the document from stains, liquids, and smudges.
There are different brands and sizes of laminating machines in Zambia. As we mentioned above, laminating machines are either industrial or office size. The size of the machine is a major determining factor in its prices. That being said, these are the most popular laminating machines on the Zambian market along with their prices.
- RL 650 Industrial Laminating Machine – KW350,000 – KW450,000
- Hydraulic Industrial Laminating Machine – KW2.3 million – KW3 million
- A2/A3/A4 Industrial Laminating Machine – KW200,000 – KW300,000
- 650mm Industrial Hot Cold Laminating Machine – KW420,000 – KW550,000
- Buyor Type 320 Laminating Machine – KW25,000 – KW35,000
- A3 Industrial Laminating Machine – KW350,000 – KW450,000
- Buyor Laminating Machine A3 And A4 Size – KW25,000 – KW30,000
- A3/A4 Laminating Machine – KW27,000 – KW37,000
- A4 Double Sided Laminating Machine – KW100,000 – KW150,000
- A4 RMB358 Industrial Laminating Machine – KW180,000 – KW220,000
- Du Pont Laminating Machine – KW60,000 – KW70,000
- A2 480mm Industrial Laminating Machine – KW350,000 – KW420,000
- Shirley Laminating Film Machine – KW24,000 – KW27,000
- Buyor Universal Chef Laminating Machine – KW28,000 – KW31,000
- Industrial Roll Laminating Machine – KW350,000 – KW450,000
Factors to consider when choosing a laminating machine
To be honest, it is an uphill task for a newbie to choose a laminating machine. It doesn’t have to be so. To help you out, we have put together this section to show you the factors to consider when choosing a laminator.
The first thing that you should consider is the kind of documents that you laminate more frequently. Do you laminate standard size documents or a range of sizes? For example, some offices only deal with A4 documents. Other offices handle several kinds of documents ranging from business card size to banner size.
If you deal with standard size documents, then you should go for pouch laminators. However, if you need more flexibility, you can get that with a roll laminator.
Number of sheets
Another thing that you must consider is the number of documents you laminate simultaneously. Do you laminate only a few documents weekly or you do a whole lot of laminating before the week runs out?
If the former is the case, a pouch laminator is a perfect option for you. However, if you do a lot of laminating, then you need a roll laminator. This kind of laminator can handle several kinds of laminating tasks. If you run a printing firm or carry out a humongous chunk of laminating tasks, an automatic laminator is your best choice.
Laminating films are measured in mil. The thickness of the laminate depends on the mil number. With smaller mils you enjoy more flexibility, the reverse is the case with larger mils.
Depending on the thickness that suits your business, you can choose between pouch laminators and automated laminators. The latter run thicker mils while the former run with the least thickness.
Number of users
One very important factor to consider when choosing laminating machines is the number of people using them. Do you have a large team or you will be the only user?
As you can guess, pouch machines are perfect for smaller offices. Roll laminators sit right in the middle and automatic laminators are designed for large firms or printing firms.
This is the final thing that you must consider. We have already shown you how much laminating machines cost on average in Zambia. Don’t forget that spending on a laminating machine is an investment.
Ensure that you have a predetermined budget and stick to it. Ask questions and survey the market as much as you can.