Call them the kings of the road; call them the powerhouse; call them the one special auto brand, Mercedes have indeed built a road dynasty that everyone savours. If you are still wondering what is so special about Mercedes vehicles, you need to handle the wheel of any of their automobiles and cruise around for five minutes.
The testament is clear for everyone to see – Mercedes is indeed the king of the automobile world. Whether in terms of engine capacity and strength of in special aspects like body design, firmness and handling, it is very difficult to pick a brand above the Mercedes brand. To be fair, some few automobiles come close in terms of interior design and creativity, the class makes the whole difference.
While the world still savours the amazing products of this brand, Mercedes introduced another classic and scintillating vehicle model – the Mercedes 4Matic. Unlike most other automobiles manufactured by the brand, the 4matic takes the brand to yet another technical level only few brands can match. The 4matic is not just a vehicle, it is not just a Mercedes automobile, it is another revelation even the road is proud of. Is it a model? Is it a brand? Is it another class? This article answers the question.
While everything about these vehicles is amazing and attractive, the main talking point has been the price in the market. Do you want to know how much various models of Mercedes 4matic go for in the market? You are on the right page. Let us take a look at prices of 4matic in the country today.
Prices of Brand New Mercedes 4Matic in Zambia
There are various models of 4Matic available today. Whereas 4Matic was formerly only obtainable on a limited number of models, it is now offered across most of the German manufacturer’s general range.
Models including the A-Class hatchback, the new E-Class Estate and the immense GLS SUV all boast the option of 4Matic. Some Mercedes models are unavailable with 4Matic because the automobile company has decided not to extensively re-engineer a platform to allow the scheme with the steering wheel on the other side.
Deciding on the exact prices of Mercedes 4matic can be tricky. This is because various ranges and models boast various prices and it can be quite challenging to specify how much brand 4Matic goes for in the market.
On average, a brand new Mercedes 4matic can be purchased between 30 million naira and 60 million naira, depending on the actual brand and models of the 4matic. Generally, 4matic version of GLS 450 is the most expensive, as it stands, it goes for prices between 45 million and 54 million naira.
Prices of Used Mercedes 4Matic in Zambia
Africa has grown to be one of the biggest markets for used vehicles in the world and Zambia has played a critical role in that. No matter the brand, model and type of vehicle, be almost sure to get a used version of it. Getting a used Mercedes 4matic, like most other brands, is straightforward. Whether foreign used or locally used, you can purchase them from local and international car dealers.
Foreign Used C-Class Mercedes 4matic in Zambia
- 2005 & 2006: N 3 million – KW4 million
- 2007 & 2008: N 3.5 million – KW6 million
- 2009 & 2010: N 4 million – KW7 million
- 2011 & 2012: N 5.6 million – N 8 million
- 2013 & 2014: KW8 million – KW12 million
- 2015 – 2017: N 15 million to N 20 million
Locally Used Mercedes 4Matic C-Class in Zambia
- 2005 & 2006: KW1.2 Million –2 million
- 2007 & 2008: KSH 2.2 million –6 million
- 2009 & 2010: KSH 3 million – KW5 million
- 2011 & 2012: N 3.5 million – KW6 million
- 2013 & 2014: N 5.5 million – KW9 million
- 2015 & 2016: N 8 million – KW15 million
Foreign Used E-Class Mercedes 4matic in Zambia
- 2005 & 2006: N 2 million – KW3 million
- 2007 & 2008: N 3.5 million – KW5 million
- 2009 & 2010: N 3.8 million – KW7 million
- 2011 & 2012: N 5.6 million – N 6.5 million
- 2013 & 2014: KW8 million – KW10 million
- 2015 – 2017: N 15 million to N 20 million
Locally Used Mercedes 4Matic E-Class in Zambia
- 2005 & 2006: KW1.5 Million –2 million
- 2007 & 2008: KW2 million –6 million
- 2009 & 2010: KW3 million –5 million
- 2011 & 2012: N 3.5 million – KW5 million
- 2013 & 2014: N 5.5 million –5 million
- 2015 & 2016: N 8 million – KW13 million
Foreign Used GLA-Class Mercedes 4matic in Zambia
- 2014 – 2015: KW12 million – KW16 million
- 2016 – 2017: N 16 million to N 25 million
Locally Used Mercedes 4Matic GLA-Class in Zambia
- 2014 – 2015: N 8 million – KSh12 million
- 2015 & 2016: N/A
Foreign Used GLC-Class Mercedes 4matic in Zambia
- 2016 – 2017: N 25 million to N 32 million
Locally Used Mercedes 4Matic GLC-Class in Zambia
- 2016 – 2017: N/A
While the availability of used versions of these vehicles are not such a big deal, getting the exact amount they go for in the market can be quite challenging. This is because there are several types and classes of 4matic available today and they hugely vary in prices.
In fact, while it comes at quite a premium for most of the Mercedes range, larger cars including the GLS, GLE and GLC feature it as standard on all models. Cars that have 4Matic as an option include the A-Class, B-Class, C-Class, E-Class, GLA and GLC.
What Exactly is The 4Matic?
Mercedes 4Matic is a four-wheel-drive system that sends the engine’s power to all four wheels rather than just the front or rear two. This gives the vehicle increased grip and power, enhancing handling, acceleration and firmness.
The system automatically regulates itself for a variety of surfaces and driving situations without the driver having any input. Isn’t that fantastic? It is easy to see why Zambians have fallen in love with the 4matic models. Given the conditions of roads in the country, Mercedes brings a solution to car lovers with the 4matic.