Your list of classy, exclusive, fashionable and topnotch vehicles is never complete without the mention of one of the bosses of all automobiles: Mercedes G-Wagon. This exotic SUV is just in a class of its own. A mere sight of it will make you fall in love with the design, shape and commanding presence. Everything about this sedan speaks excellence; no wonder most people see it as a must-have vehicle for celebrities in Zambia.
Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Zambia: Top 10 Models
If you’re looking for a luxury SUV that can handle rough terrain, the Mercedes G-Wagon is an excellent choice. Here are the top 10 models of the Mercedes G-Wagon in Zambia, along with their prices.
1. Mercedes-AMG G 63
Price: ZMW 6,445,000
The Mercedes-AMG G 63 is the most expensive and powerful G-Wagon in Zambia. It comes with a 4.0L V8 engine that produces 577 horsepower and 627 lb-ft of torque.
2. Mercedes-AMG G 63 Night Edition
Price: ZMW 5,880,000
The Night Edition is similar to the standard AMG G 63, but it has a few cosmetic upgrades, such as blacked-out wheels and trim pieces.
3. Mercedes-AMG G 63 Edition 1
Price: ZMW 5,910,000
The Edition 1 is a limited edition version of the AMG G 63 that features unique interior and exterior accents.
4. Mercedes-Benz G 500
Price: ZMW 3,050,000
The G 500 is a less powerful version of the G-Wagon, but it’s still a capable off-roader with a 4.0L V8 engine that produces 416 horsepower.
5. Mercedes-AMG G 43
Price: ZMW 2,270,000
The AMG G 43 is a more affordable option for those who want a G-Wagon with a little bit of performance. It has a 3.0L V6 engine that produces 362 horsepower.
6. Mercedes-Benz G 350d
Price: ZMW 2,215,000
The G 350d is a diesel-powered G-Wagon that has a 3.0L V6 engine that produces 282 horsepower.
7. Mercedes-Benz G 400d
Price: ZMW 2,630,000
The G 400d is similar to the G 350d, but it has a more powerful 3.0L V6 engine that produces 325 horsepower.
8. Mercedes-Benz G 550
Price: ZMW 2,635,000
The G 550 is a less powerful version of the G-Wagon that has a 4.0L V8 engine that produces 416 horsepower.
9. Mercedes-AMG G 63 Edition 463
Price: ZMW 5,120,000
The Edition 463 is another limited edition version of the AMG G 63 that has unique interior and exterior accents.
10. Mercedes-AMG G 65 Final Edition
Price: ZMW 9,820,000
The G 65 Final Edition is the most expensive and powerful G-Wagon in Zambia. It has a 6.0L V12 engine that produces 621 horsepower and 738 lb-ft of torque.
The Mercedes-Benz G–Class, mostly called the G–Wagon is a mid–sized four wheel drive luxury SUV sold by Mercedes Benz. The G – Wagon is characterized by its body styling and body – on – frame construction.
The development of the Mercedes Benz G – Wagon started in the late 1970s with construction focused on off – road abilities and maximum safety and comfort. It was first developed as a military vehicle and has some countries in the world using it for their military and naval force. However, this vehicles’ strong presence, impressive stance, super drive and amazing off – road abilities soon appealed to individuals as well and a civilian version was offered in 1979.
Despite the brand’s exorbitant prices, the sale of this vehicle continues to climb with its age. In Zambia, owning a G – Wagon is synonymous to having wealth, affluence and influence. And as such it is mostly used by the wealthy and celebrities in the Zambian entertainment scene. Even with its fuel gulping V8 engines, it is still one of the most sought – after SUVs in Zambia.
If you are the type of person who wants all eyes to be on you when you drive by, then this magnificent ride is for you. If you love stealing all the attention, then by all means, get yourself one because this is one guaranteed way of showing that “you have arrived”.
This post will be stating out clearly the brand new prices, Tokunbo prices as well as fairly used prices of this masterpiece in the Zambian market. However, it will be in relation to what is seen in the Zambian automobile market because as mentioned earlier, the construction of the Mercedes G – Wagon dates back to the late 1970s and that means, there is a catalogue of older models most of which construction has ceased. So, the focus of this post will be on the most recent G-Wagon models.
Brand New G–Wagon Prices In Zambia
To own a brand new 2019 Benz G-Class in Zambia today, you should budget between 75 million naira and 200 million naira. The prices are dependent on the trim type. Here’s the current breakdown of the brand new G-Wagon prices in Zambia.
|2019 Mercedes-Benz G-550||KW70 million – KW85 million|
|2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63||KW75 million – KW90 million|
|2018 Mercedes-Benz G-550||KW60 million – KW75 million|
|2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63||KW65 million – KW80 million|
|2018 Mercedes-Benz AMG G65||KW85 million – KW100 million|
|2018 Mercedes-Benz G-550 (4×42)||KW100 million – KW120 million|
|2018 Mercedes-Benz (Brabus)||KW100 million – KW180 million|
Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon Series 2019 (Price in Zambia: KW70 million – KW200 million)
In early 2018, Mercedes unveiled the 2019 series of their G-class beastly vehicles. And as one would expect from the company, there are improvements. Although the company has deliberately stuck with its upright, boxy design, the 2019 models have cleaner looks and pack a number of new impressive features.
The base trim remains the G550, which runs on a 4-Litre V-8 twin-turbo engine that belts out 416 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque. The AMG G63 comes with the same engine type, but it generates 577 hp and 627 lb-ft of torque — thanks to the few more twists to the turbo-boost screw.
Here are other impressive stuff about the 2019 G-class series of SUVs:
- Massaging front-seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 9-speed auto transmission
- Rear-seat entertainment system
- Widescreen digital display replaces traditional gauges
- 0-60mph time: 5.8 seconds (G550) 4.4 seconds (AMG G63)
- Driver-selectable modes: Comfort, Sport, Eco (G550) + Slippery and Sport+ (AMG G63)
- Automatic climate controls
- Leather upholstery
- Forward collission warning system
- Automatic emergency braking
- 15-speaker, 590-Watt Burmester audio system
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility
- Compatible with a secondary 12.3-inch dashboard-mounted display
Mercedes-Benz G550 2018 (Price in Zambia = KW60million – KW75 million)
The cheapest of the G-Wagon series, this trim is powered by a 416 hp, twin-turbo 8-cylinder (V8) engine, and it features a 7-speed transmission. Other features include heated front and back seats, satellite radio, Bluetooth, Android Auto, a sunroof, navigation, 12-speaker Harman Kardon audio system, rearview camera, blind spot montoring, adaptive cruise control, Mercedes COMAND infotainment system, and Apple Carplay.
Mercedes-Benz AMG G63 2018 (Price in Zambia = KW65 million – KW80 million)
One of the two high-performance trims in the G-Class series, the AMG G63 runs on a 563hp 8-cylinder twin-turbocharged engine. It also features performance brakes, upgraded leather interior, and a sport-tuned suspension system.
Mercedes-Benz AMG G65 2018 (Price in Zambia = KW85 million – KW100 million)
Another high-performance member of the G-Wagon series, this trim has a 621 hp 12-cylinder engine, also twin-turbocharged. The wheels are larger than what obtains with the G550 and AMG G63. And there are some additional styling features that are absent in those two.
Mercedes-Benz G550 4×42 2018 (Price in Zambia = KW100 million – KW120 million)
This is no doubt the “chief beast” of the G-Class series. It was built to be a badass off-roader and all its features are made with that in mind. These features include portal axles, adjustable suspension system, heavy-duty tires, 22-inch wheels, and ground clearance of over 17-inches.
However, the inclusion of these features came at the expense of some interesting features that are present in other trims. So, this trim doesn’t come with features like adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, rear-seat entertainment system, and front and back sensors.
Prices Of Foreign Used (Tokunbo) G-Wagon In Zambia
|2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW50 million – KW80 million|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW40 million – KW70 million|
|2014 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW26 million – KW65 million|
|2013 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW25 million – KW55 million|
|2012 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW23 million – KW40 million|
|2011 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW22 million – KW36 million|
|2009 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW20 million – KW35 million|
|2010 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW18 million – KW33 million|
|2008 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW13 million – KW22 million|
Prices Of Locally Used G-Wagon In Zambia
|2017 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW25 million – KW40 million|
|2014 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW20 million – KW33 million|
|2013 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW15 million – KW25 million|
|2012 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW12 million – KW22 million|
|2009 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW11 million – KW18 million|
|2008 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW10 million – KW16 million|
|2007 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW7 million – KW12 million|
|2006 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW5 million – KW10 million|
|2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW5 million – KW8 million|
|2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW4 million – KW5 million|
|2002 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW3 million – KW4 million|
|2001 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (Wagon)||KW2 million – KW3 million|
Locally used cars are always cheaper than foreign used (Tokunbo) cars. These prices are dependent on the overall condition of the car. Thus you can find a lower year model of a Mercedes – Benz G-class that is more expensive than a higher model. These conditions include the state of wear and tear of the interior, the engine capacity/strength, the tires, suspensions, and the transmission. All these can reduce or increase the price of the car.
One good thing about the Mercedes Benz G-Wagon is that it has a high resale and second-hand value. So have no fear if you are looking to buy a Zambian used one.
Mercedes G-Class 2019 Review (Video)
Things you should know about the Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon
It is not just the prices of the brand that make it exotic and outstanding, its ruggedness, durability and firm handling have worthily earned positive reviews from all over the world. The fact that this SUV is a Mercedes brand is enough to speak of its topnotch all-round quality. The G-Class is a dynamic off-road SUV with a solid lineup of powerful engines. The cabin is attractive and well-built, and the seats are comfortable.
There are mainly three trim types: the base, midrange AMG and the bonkers AMG. The base being the cheaper version while, the bonkers is the most expensive of them all. The prices can even go higher if it is bullet proof.
With its V8 engine, you can expect the fuel mileage to be terrible.
Things you’ll like about the G–Wagon
- It is an excellent off-roader – The G-wagon holds the medal for the number one navigator irrespective of the terrain condition. Whether it is rocky ground, an ice land, a hilly or a muddy one, be rest assured that in this car, you will be totally safe. You will agree that this is perfect for the Zambian roads.
- Safety features – Remember it was first intended for the military hence, it is safety proof and it gets better with the progression of its models. These features includes; blind spot assist, 6 way airbag protection, electronic stability program, adaptive braking technology, antitheft alarm and tire pressure monitor.
- Powerful engine. It comes standard with a 416 horsepower, twin turbocharged V8. The AMG G63 comes with a twin-turbocharged V8 with 563 horsepower and the AMG G65 features a twin-turbo V12 with a 621 horsepower.
- Interior Quality – as rugged as it may look on the outside, the G-wagon has a very beautiful interior. It definitely lives up to the reputation of luxury attached to a Mercedes.
- An Awesome infotainment system: The G-class is packed with interesting features such as a rear-seat entertainment system, in-vehicle WiFi system, Mercedes mbrace Connect, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, satellite radio, 12-speaker audio system (by Harman Kardon), navigation, and the Mercedes COMAND infotainment system. The whole infotainment system features a central controller rather than a touch screen. While it might take some time to get used to it, it’s a pretty easy-to-use and responsive system.
Things you might like about the G-Wagon
- A notorious fuel guzzler: With its powerful engine comes a great demand for fuel supply. It is not economically friendly and you will find yourself spending way too much on fuel annually.
- Less cargo space: The G-Class models all have less cargo space than most other luxury SUVs. If you really need a lot of space from these beasts, you’ll need to fold down the rear seats. However, if you don’t use cargo space most of the time, you won’t have to worry about this, as it still has over 38 cubic feet of space even when the rear seats aren’t folded.
- Less features than rivals: When you look at the list of features packed in the Mercedes-Benz G-Class series, you’d think the list is long. But the truth is, it’s significantly short, when compared with those of competitors such as the Range Rover and Infiniti QX80. Ironically, these competitors are significantly cheaper than the G-Class vehicles.
- Subpar on-road handling: It’s like the manufacturers, while trying hard to make the G-class models off-road beasts, forgot that most users would still use them on-road. According to many expert reviewers, the G-Wagon models aren’t the best when it comes to on-road handling. But common, we’re in Zambia, where there are lots of off-road terrains.
- Expensive: Many auto experts are of the opinion that the Mercedes-Benz G-Class is overpriced. The cheapest trim in the series already costs more than other vehicles with even more impressive features such as the Land Rover Range Rover and Infiniti QX80.
Popular Questions About Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Zambia
1. What is the starting price for a Mercedes G-Wagon in Zambia?
The starting price for a Mercedes G-Wagon in Zambia is ZMW 2,215,000 for the G 350d model. However, the prices can vary depending on the model, options, and customization.
2. Are there any financing options available for Mercedes G-Wagons in Zambia?
Yes, most car dealerships in Zambia offer financing options for purchasing a Mercedes G-Wagon. However, the financing terms and interest rates can vary depending on the dealership and individual’s credit score.
3. How does the price of a G-Wagon in Zambia compare to other countries?
The price of a G-Wagon in Zambia is generally higher than many other countries due to import taxes and other fees. However, the price can still vary based on the specific model and options.
4. Is it more cost-effective to buy a used G-Wagon in Zambia?
It can be more cost-effective to buy a used G-Wagon in Zambia, especially if you’re looking for an older model. However, it’s important to do your research and inspect the vehicle thoroughly before making a purchase.
5. What are the advantages of owning a Mercedes G-Wagon?
The Mercedes G-Wagon is a rugged and capable SUV that can handle off-road terrain with ease. It also offers a luxurious and comfortable ride, with high-end features and technology. Additionally, the G-Wagon has a classic and iconic design that is sure to turn heads on the road.