Oppo might be new to the industry but the company has quickly built a reputation for manufacturing quality smartphones. It recently introduced the Oppo A74 5G to the market. This device is regarded as an upgrade on the Oppo A73 5G. In this post, we will discuss the price and specs of the new device as well as the upgraded features.
Price of Oppo A74 5G in Zambia
As of the time of writing this post, the Oppo A74 5G is yet to get into the Zambian market. We have taken the liberty of checking the figures provided online to come up with a price estimate for you. As such, we estimate that the Oppo A74 5G should cost between KW148,771 and KW160,000 when it gets into Zambia.
Oppo A74 5G Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 05
- Size: 9 x 74.7 x 8.4 mm (6.41 x 2.94 x 0.33 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900), 3G (WCDMA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66), 5G (1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 5 inches, 102.0 cm2(~83.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: LTPS IPS LCD, 90Hz, 480 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 405 PPI Density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, QZSS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Colors: Fluid Black, Space Silver
Oppo A74 5G Review
What makes the Oppo A74 5G a special device just as Oppo has claimed? According to the company, this device is equipped with upgraded features compared to its predecessor. In this section, we take a look at its different features to see which ones have been upgraded.
Display and Design
If you are a follower of Oppo smartphones, then you will agree that this company likes to invest in smartphone designs. One look at the Oppo A74 5G and you can see so many similarities between this device and the non-5G device. Asides from this, it also shares some resemblance with its predecessor, the A73 5G.
Where Oppo makes some upgrades is in the display in front of this device. As expected, it has a punch-hole camera that sits at the top-left edge of the screen. Overall, this device features a 6.5-inch display that is based on the high-quality LTPS LCD. It also comes with a 402-PPI density, 90Hz refresh rate, and 1080 x 2400 pixels for its resolution. With these put together, users are guaranteed an amazing visual experience when using the Oppo A74 5G.
What is at the rear of the Oppo A74 5G? Oppo presents us with a gradient design that comes in two different colors. You can choose either the space silver or fluid black colors depending on your preference. The rear cover of this device also features a rectangular camera module. This module features four cameras as well as an LED flash.
The Oppo A74 5G also comes with a fingerprint sensor. This sensor is placed at the side to add to the uniqueness of the design of this smartphone. Overall, we can say that Oppo has put in a lot of work to give its customers an attractive design for the Oppo A74 5G.
The cameras of a smartphone are very important deciding factors in whether people will purchase it or not. Cameras have become very important these days because they give us the luxury of creating memories. As such, smartphone manufacturing companies invest in equipping their devices with high-performing cameras.
Oppo is no exception and we can see that it does justice to the Oppo A74 5G in this department. The company definitely upgraded both the front and rear cameras of this device compared to the A73 5G.
It equips the device with a 16-megapixel front camera. This is far more than you have in most devices in the same class. Even the predecessor of this device features a front camera packed with just 8 megapixels.
Now, let’s look at the camera set up that Oppo places at the back of the Oppo A74 5G. The first thing you’d notice is that there are four cameras in the camera module. Its primary camera packs 48 megapixels while the ultra-wide camera packs 8 megapixels. Oppo also adds the depth and macro cameras both featuring 2 megapixels each.
Lying just beside these cameras in the camera module is the LED flash feature. With this feature, you are assured of shooting very clear videos and photos in dark conditions. Both the rear and front cameras are capable of shooting 1080p videos at 30fps.
Software and Hardware
The software and hardware of a smartphone are the determinants of its performance. Oppo equips the A74 5G with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 5G processor. This is an upgrade on the MediaTek Dimensity 5G processor in its predecessor, the A73 5G.
The device also features an internal storage of 128GB and a RAM of 6GB. It comes with a 5000mAh battery that is equipped with an 18-watt fast-charge system. Finally, this device runs on the Android 11 operating system based on the ColorOS 11.1 user interface.