Oppo is one of the newest entrants into the smartphone market. Despite being quite new, this company has presented us with several amazing devices. Recently, Oppo announced that it was introducing a new device, the Oppo F19 smartphone. In this post, we will take a look at the price, specs, and features of this device.
Price of Oppo F19 in Zambia
The Oppo F19 is yet to hit the retail stores in Zambia at the time of putting together this article. Nevertheless, we went ahead to check figures online to find out how much this device would cost upon arrival. Based on our research, we estimate that the Oppo F19 should cost between KW110,000 and KW120,000 when it hits the Zambian market.
Oppo F19 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 01
- Size: 3 x 73.8 x 8 mm (6.31 x 2.91 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 1X), 3G (WCDMA HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100, CDMA EVDO), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Display size: 43 inches, 99.8 cm2(~84.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 800 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 409 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, panorama
- Video specs: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie camera: 16 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide), 1/3.09″, 1.0µm
- Selfie video specs: 1080p@30fps
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: FM radio
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 54% in 30 min (advertised) SuperVOOC 2.0
- Colors: Prism Black, Midnight Blue
Oppo F19 Review
When Oppo arrived in the market, quite a number of people were skeptical about the quality of its products. However, this brand has proven itself as one of the main manufacturers of high-quality smartphones in the world today. What is it about the Oppo F19 that makes it tick? We will discuss its features in this section.
Display and Design
Even though Oppo is a relatively new product, it has established a reputation for manufacturing attractive smartphones. It doesn’t disappoint with the design and display of the Oppo F19. This device features a lightweight and sleek design. Let’s show you what it is made up of.
The Oppo F19 features a 3-D curved body that is very attractive. This device is pretty portable and easy to hold and carry around. It weighs just 175 grams and its dimensions in millimeters are 160.3 x 73.8 x 8.
The rear cover of this device comes with a rectangular camera module. This camera module accommodates 3 cameras along with an LED flash and panorama. It comes in two color variants, midnight blue, and prism black. None of the color variants comes with patterns, it is all plain to give a minimalist look.
Let’s move to the display of the Oppo F19. This device features a 6.43-inch display. Oppo presents us with one of the most efficient and expensive screens for smartphones today in the AMOLED FHD+. To add to this, the screen-to-body ratio is pretty high. Because of this, you are assured of an immersive and exquisite visual experience.
One of the things that we love about this device is the way the screen adapts to the surrounding brightness automatically. This eye-friendly feature ensures that your eyes are protected and you can still enjoy using the device in adverse conditions. The Oppo F19 features an on-screen fingerprint feature. It also comes with a refresh rate of 60Hz, a touch sampling rate of 180Hz, and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Overall, Oppo does a great job with the display and design of this device.
Many smartphone users want to check the camera capacity of a device before doling out money for it. As such, many smartphone manufacturers like Oppor invest in equipping their devices with the best cameras possible. This device features both front and rear cameras, let’s look at how the Oppo F19 fares in this department.
Oppo equips this device with a triple camera system behind it. The 3 cameras are lodged within the rectangular camera module along with the LED flash. Its primary camera comes with 48 megapixels to assure the user of very clear shots. The other two cameras (depth and macro cameras) are both 2 megapixels each. With these, you can enjoy amazing bokeh effects when shooting photos.
The front camera of this device packs 16 megapixels. While this is not as much as what you get in many smartphones, it is perfect for a device in its class. Oppo adds the AI beautification effect to ensure that you get clear and more beautiful shots. The front camera is also equipped with panorama and Face ID features.
Software and Hardware
There is little or nothing that you can do with a smartphone if its software and hardware are not efficient. Oppo powers the F19 with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset. It marries this to an octa-core processor that clocks at 4 x 2.0 to ensure maximum speed and zero hanging.
The Oppo F19 also features the Adreno 610 GPU that controls its gaming and graphics features. This device packs 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage space. There is also room for a microSD card should the need arise.
The Oppo F19 comes with a 5000mAh battery. This guarantees you several hours of use without the need to charge the device. It also features the 33-watt flash charge feature that gives you a 54% charge within 30 minutes. The device also comes with the AI Night Charge technology. This technology adapts to a user’s sleep pattern to ensure optimal and safe charging.