Gas cooker use is fast becoming a trend in Zambia. It is amazing how it has also penetrated rural communities and become a choice cooking mechanism in many homes. Days when you have to spend a fortune to acquire a gas cooker are long gone. These cookers are now available in various qualities and sizes, the most common of which is the table top gas cookers.
Tabletop gas cookers have taken the market by storm. Since their introduction many decades, they have grown to be among the most sought after gas cookers in Zambia. The fact that they are among the cheapest, smallest and most common put them at the very top of the chain. Table top gas cookers generally make cooking easier. They are faster than some other cooking mechanism and have become a darling of the market.
Just like other types of gas cookers, table top gas cookers are available in various types. They vary in shapes, sizes, operation mechanism, set-up and start-up mode, features and designs. The rate at which this type of gas cooker has been received in the market has motivated manufacturers to pump more type and designs into the market. While some brands have made a name for themselves with quality and reliable products, some other products, although great, are yet to stamp their feet on the industry in this part of the world.
Table top gas cookers vary in sizes and general features. While some are feature auto-ignition or button ignition style, some older versions are manually ignited. The various designs available has only made it more difficult to pick one. Make no mistake, there is no such thing as “the best table top gas cooker”. Gas cookers are manufactured and designed for various reasons. They have in number of burners and speed at which they burn. Some others even feature a mini-oven that can be used to preserve or roast small quantities some kinds of food.
With different types and brands of table top gas cooker available today, it is essential consider the prices of these cookers in the current market. In this post, we will take a look at the prices of table top gas cookers in Zambia today.
Prices of Table Top Gas Cookers in Zambia
Table top gas cookers have been one of the most sought after kitchen appliance today. Although they are not necessarily the most convenient gas cookers available today, the fact that they are easily affordable and comfortable to use give them that extra edge in the market. It is the king in rural market and serves as a perfect option in a modern kitchen. Take nothing away from table top gas cookers, as it stands they rule the market.
Table top gas cookers are available in different types and vary in prices. Some brands are definitely more expensive than others. Some are also more rated in terms of quality, durability, ease of use and overall functionality than others. They boast of varying features and mechanism. These factors affect the overall prices. For instance, a table top gas cooker that auto ignites will be more expensive than one that is turned on manually. Also, a cooker with 4 or 5 gas burners will be more expensive than one with 2 burners.
Table top gas cookers can be bought directly from manufacturers or local distributors across the country. They are also available for purchase in popular online stores and other conventional kitchen appliance stores.
Here are the prices of some of the most common tabletop gas cookers available in Zambia today.
- Maxi Table Top Gas Cooker (4 burners): KW15, 000 – KW30, 000
- Maxi Table Top GAS Cooker (3 burners with 1 electric plate): KW25, 000 – KW35, 000
- Eurosonic Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW8, 000 – KW20, 000
- QASA Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW10, 000 – KW30, 000
- AKAI Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW15, 000 – KW30,000
- Rashnik Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW10, 000 – KW20, 000
- Binatone Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW30, 000 – KW40, 000
- Haier Thermocool Table Top Gas Cooker: N 8, 000 – KW35, 000
- Century Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW10, 000 – KW16, 000
- Master Chef Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW8, 000 – KW20, 000
- Andrakk Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW20, 000 – KW25, 000
- Saisho Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW10,000 – KW20, 000
- LG Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW10, 000 – KW25, 000
- LG Table Top Gas Cooker (3 burners): KW13, 000 – KW25, 000
- LG Table Top Gas Cooker (4 burners): KW17, 000 – KW25, 000
- Bajaj Table Top Gas Cooker (2 burners): KW29, 000 – KW35, 000
- Bajaj Table Top Gas Cooker (4 burners): KW45, 000 – KW75, 000
Things to Consider Before Buying a Table Top Gas Cooker
Table top gas cookers are one of the most readily available types of cookers in Zambia today. The problem isn’t at all where to buy the gas cookers, it is knowing the right type to buy. There are various types and brands of table top gas cookers today. They vary in features, sizes, qualities, ease of use, to mention a few. The different types in the market today have only made it difficult to know the exact cooker to buy. Before you buy your next table top gas cooker, it is essential you consider some basic factors so as to streamline your options and eventually pick the best for you.
Let us take a look at some of these factors.
- Consider the Size: This type of cooker is called table top for a reason – they are placed on a table or any other material or are built to stand on something for support. However, they come in various sizes. They come in 60, 70, 80 and 90 cm in width. Some are even smaller. Consider the width of where you want to place the cooker and choose accordingly.
- Consider the Design: This isn’t just about the appearance; you should consider if the burners are properly spaced to allow the sizes of the pots or pans you use. Burners come in small, medium or large sizes.
- Ease of Control: Consider the mechanism of control. Ensure the control knob is easy to grip and have clearly labelled.
- Consider the Brand: Brand matters. It is always advisable to go for popular brands that are already tested and trusted. Some brands have a reputation of manufacturing reliable and durable products.
- Consider Your Budget: Table top gas cookers are available in various range. Set a budget and go for cookers in that range. However, considering the delicacy of gas cookers, do not because of your budget go for cookers that are not reliable and prone to gas failure. Better safe than sorry.