There was a time when only the rich had access to video cameras. They were so expensive that you’d have to spend a fortune to buy one. Those times, there were very limited types of video cameras and it was generally easy to get one, so long you have your money. Although video cameras have hugely increased in value and importance these days, technology has made things relatively easier. However, with the various video camera options available today, it is quite more difficult now to pick a particular video camera.
The evolution of video cameras has been astonishing. From the days boxes with light in a room were used to capture images through to the revelation of camcorders, the advancement has been remarkable. Away from the basic cameras, those wonderful moments with your family, friends and loved ones can now be easily recorded, capturing both motion pictures and sounds.
You don’t need to have all the money in the world to buy a video camera. Video cameras are available in different types. These types vary in shape, sizes, features, functionality and prices. There are now video cameras as big as you can imagine and ones so small theta they’d fit perfectly in your pocket. Although there is a vast difference in functionality of these video cameras, they all enable you record those great moments and keep memories alive.
The most common type of video camera is the camcorder. The camcorder is basically a device used for recording videos. They are available in different sizes, designs and memory capacities. The camcorders can record for as long as the memory capacity permits. Latest camcorders are wi-fi and internet enabled. This means that you can record a video and post directly on social media. You can also edit videos and add various effects to it.
The market has wonderfully embraced the advancement of video cameras. With lots of brands and types available today, lots of new models and designs are being pushed to the market every day. Video cameras are available in HD as well. Waterproof video cameras have also been introduced. This allows you record videos underwater and capture those wonderful moments.
In this post, we will talk about prices of various brands and types video cameras available. We will also consider basic factors to note when buying one.
Prices of Video Cameras in Zambia
Video cameras have become a huge part of the gadget market, and for lots of reasons, they are building up to be among the most sought after gadgets in the industry. Although a lot of people buy this for professional use, some others own for personal use. Either way, the market for video cameras remains on the rise.
Video cameras are available in different types and sizes. They vary in sizes, qualities, features, functionality and prices. The success of these video cameras in the market motivates manufacturers to produce more, with each product bettering the previous. The prices of these video cameras vary. The more professional video cameras are relatively more expensive than the ones designed for personal use. They are bigger, stronger and boast of more features. The prices are largely determined by the brand, the quality, functionality and features.
Video cameras can be gotten directly from various manufacturers or local distributors across the country. They are readily available and can be gotten in gadget stores all over the country. For convenience, they can also be easily purchased online with lots of e-commerce websites boasting of a whole different types of the video cameras.
Here, we will consider the prices of the most popular video cameras in Zambia today.
Sony Video Cameras & Prices in Zambia
- FDR-AXI Digital 4K Camcorder: KW1, 100, 000 – KW1, 500, 000
- HXR-NX5 Professional Camcorder: KW1, 900, 000 – KW2, 000, 000
- HDR-CX405 Handy Camcorder: KW115, 000 – KW130, 000
- HC-V160 camcorder: KW115, 000 – KW130, 000
- PXW-X160 full HD Handheld camcorder: KW1, 900, 000 – KW2, 000, 000
- Action Camera (HDR-AS30V): KW95, 000 – KW100, 000
- HXR-MC2500 Camcorder: KW520, 000 – KW550, 000
- HVR-Z5 professional HDV camcorder: KW1, 300, 000 – KW1, 400, 000
- PWX-Z10 Camcorder: KW1, 600, 000 – KW2, 000, 000
- Digital Camera Video Camcorder: KW25, 000 – KW40, 000
- MHS-FS2 Bloggie Duo Camcorder: KW73, 000 – KW76, 000
Canon Video Cameras & Prices in Zambia
- LEGRIA HF R706 camcorder: KW150, 000 – KW200, 000
- LEGRIA HF R606 Camcorder: KW150, 000 – KW170, 000
- LEGRIA HF R806 Camcorder: KW150, 000 – KW160, 000
- VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder: KW120, 000 – KW125, 000
- XA11 compact HD Camcorder: KW560, 000 – KW600, 000
- XA30 Professional Camcorder: KW480, 000 – KW520, 000
- XA10 pro camcorder: KW420, 000 – KW450, 000
- XF205 HD professional camcorder: KW950, 000 – KW1, 200, 000
Panasonic Video Cameras & Prices in Zambia
- MDH2 HD professional camcorder: KW500, 000 – KW560, 000
- HC-V180 Camcorder: KW139, 000 – KW150, 000
- AG-AC130EN camcorder: KW600, 000 – KW1, 400, 000
- HC V100 camcorder: KW100, 000 – KW150, 000
- HC V160 camcorder: KW85, 000 – KW120, 000
- HC-X1000 DCI Camcorder: KW900, 000 – KW920, 000
Boblov Video Cameras & Prices in Zambia
- ORDRO HDV-D395 HD Camcorder: KW45, 000 – KW50, 000
- WKW9 1296P full HD Camcorder: KW74, 000 – KW80, 000
- AEE HD60 Sport dash car Camcorder: KW70, 000 – KW100, 000
Things to Consider Before Buying a Video Camera
For whatever reason you are buying a video camera, it is always essential to know what exactly you are looking for. The various choices available in the market today has made it more difficult to pick some random video camera. Here, we will consider some factors to put in mind when buying a video camera. These tips will help you streamline your options and eventually pick the best video camera for you.
- Consider the Size: Size matters. Depending on whether you want the video camera for professional or personal use, you should pick a size that suits your purpose of purchase. If you want the video camera for personal use, a compact one should do.
- Memory Capacity: Video cameras vary in memory capacity. Whole some allow extra external memory card slot, some are restricted to the internal memory storage.
- Consider the Lens Quality: Lens quality varies. You should consider the type and quality of the lens that works with the video camera before you purchase one.
- Budget: How much you have to spare for a video camera is what determines eventually. Cameras have various classes and are available in different qualities.