Vivo has manufactured several smartphones that have proven to be high quality despite being in the mid-range category. One of the major product lines under this brand is the Y series. Recently, Vivo announced an addition to this product line, the Vivo Y12s 2021. In this post, we will discuss the price of this device, its specs, and its core features.
Price of Vivo Y12s 2021 in Zambia
The Vivo Y12s 2021 is yet to hit the Zambian markets at the time of putting together this post. Regardless, we went ahead to check the figures provided online to come up with a price estimate for this device. From our research, we believe that the Vivo Y12s 2021 should cost between KW56,900 and KW67,000 when it gets into Zambia.
Vivo Y12s 2021 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2020, November 16
- Size: 4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm (6.47 x 3.00 x 0.33 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 10, Funtouch 11
- Display size: 51 inches, 102.3 cm2(~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: IPS LCD
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 270 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB and 4GB
- Internal memory: 32GB and 128GB
- Memory card: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, Panorama
- Video specs: [email protected]
- Selfie camera: 8 MP, f/1.8
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: FM Radio
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 0, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W, Reverse charging 5W
- Colors: Glacier Blue, Phantom Black
Vivo Y12s 2021 Review
Vivo announced the Vivo Y12s 2021 as an upgrade on the Y12. This device presents users with a more improved design as well as a larger battery and a better processor. Vivo solves most of the problems that plague the Y12 in the Vivo Y12s 2021. In this section, we take a look at the different features of this device.
Display and Design
One look at the Vivo Y12s 2021 and you are likely to be enchanted by its design. Despite falling into the mid-range smartphone category, Vivo still puts in a lot of work to make the device attractive. There is a marked difference in design between this device and its predecessor, the Y12.
Looking at the rear panel, one would notice that Vivo has gotten rid of the fingerprint sensor present in its predecessor. The smartphone giant moved the sensor to the side to match up with what is obtainable in most smartphones these days. Another notable feature on the rear panel is the camera module.
It is larger than what you have in the Y12 even though it only features 2 cameras and an LED flash. This is a deviation from the triple camera setup in the predecessor of this device. Looking towards the bottom-left of this device, you will see the Vivo logo impressed boldly. Of course, this was placed here to add some uniqueness to the device.
Now, let’s look at what is placed in front of this device. The Vivo Y12s 2021 features an IPS LCD screen that is 6.51 inches long. This is larger than what you have in the Y12, a 6.35-inch display. Also, the screen has a PPI density of 270 and a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels.
We must not forget that this device is quite portable. It also comes in two color variants, phantom black, and glacier blue.
The cameras of a smartphone are among its most important components. Without them, it is impossible to use the device to freeze certain memories in time. People are always concerned about this feature and consider it a tie-breaker when choosing smartphones.
While Vivo is known to equip its smartphones with top-notch cameras, we don’t think it did a great job here. In fact, the Vivo Y12s 2021 has a camera less than its predecessor on the rear camera module. Let’s look at the cameras on this device and their capabilities.
The Vivo Y12s 2021 has a dual camera set up on the rear camera module. Its primary camera packs just 13 megapixels which are very small compared to what you have in other smartphones. However, this is exactly what is obtainable in its older sibling. The rear camera module also features a depth camera that packs 2 megapixels.
What does Vivo pack upfront? There is a selfie camera that packs 8 megapixels. This is just great if you need to take clear selfies. Both the front and rear cameras have the ability to shoot 1080p videos at 30fps. To be sincere, there isn’t anything special about the cameras on the Vivo Y12s 2021.
Software and Hardware
While Vivo doesn’t do great in the camera department, it takes does far better in the performance department of this device. One of the first things we noticed is the upgrade in the chipset of the Vivo Y12s 2021. This device features a MediaTek Helio P35 chipset which is higher than the P22 in its predecessor.
Also, there are 2 RAM variants and 2 internal storage variants of this device. In all, you have 3GB and 4GB RAM variants and 32GB and 128GB internal storage variants of the Vivo Y12s 2021. This device runs on the Android 10 operating system based on the Funtouch 11 user interface.
One of the things that we love so much about this device is its battery life. The Vivo Y12s 2021 packs a 5000mAh battery. This battery charges at 10 watts and its reverse charging capacity is pegged at 5 watts.