Vivo keeps serving us with amazing smartphones and is gradually establishing as a force to be reckoned with. This company recently announced the arrival of a new device to its Y series product line, the Vivo Y52s t1. In this post, we will discuss the price of this device as well as its specs and key features.
Price of Vivo Y52s t1 in Zambia
The Vivo Y52s t1 is yet to cross into the Zambian borders as of the time of writing this post. Notwithstanding, we took the liberty of checking the figures provided online to come up with a price estimate. Based on our discovery, we estimate that the Vivo Y52s t1 should cost between KW105,000 and KW120,000.
Vivo Y52s t1 Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, May 03
- Size: 2 x 75.4 x 8.4 mm (6.46 x 2.97 x 0.33 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 800), 3G (HSPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 21900 / 2100), 4G (LTE 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41), 5G (1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA)
- Operating system: Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Display size: 58 inches, 104.3 cm2 (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: IPS LCD, 90Hz, HDR10, 460 nits (typ)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2408 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 401 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB and 256GB UFS 2.1
- Memory card: No
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie camera: 8 MP, f/1.8, (wide)
- Selfie video specs: [email protected]
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Colors: Gray, Coral, Aurora
Vivo Y52s t1 Review
Despite being a mid-range smartphone, the Vivo Y52s t1 comes with several amazing features that one should look forward to. In this section, we will take a look at the core features of this device to see if it is worth spending on.
Display and Design
It is no secret that smartphone companies invest in the display and design of their devices. They use this as a gimmick to attract buyers and that is the case of Vivo with the Vivo Y52s t1. The first thing that catches the eye is the color options available. Vivo presents this device in three different colors, aurora, grey, and coral.
While the last two have a more professional look, the aurora version seems to be more charming and decent. This is probably because of the pseudo-metallic finish that gives it a more sophisticated touch. One of the things that we love the most about this device is its portability. The device is very slim and weighs just 185.5 grams. This means that holding the phone or slipping it into your pocket shouldn’t be an issue.
What do we like about the display of the Vivo Y52s t1? It comes with a refresh rate of 90Hz. This means that the user enjoys a better touch sampling rate as well as a crisp viewing experience. We should also not forget the fact that this device features a contrast of HDR 10.
The IPS LCD is 6.58 inches long and boasts a brightness peaking at 460 nits. There is a small challenge with the brightness. If one is outdoors, it may be difficult to view content during the day. Other than this, the screen size and resolution are perfect for a smartphone in the mid-range category.
Software and Hardware
This is one aspect that we can give kudos to Vivo for doing a great job. Both work efficiently making the device compete favourably with other smartphones in this area. Because of the OriginOS 1.0 user interface, there is a lot of possibility of doing loads of customization. This way, you can tweak the visual experience as much as you want.
It is not all good for this device as you may experience some bloatware on its interface. This shouldn’t be a problem if you have used another Vivo smartphone before now. What else does Vivo equip this device with?
The Vivo Y52s t1 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset. One of the things that the name of this device doesn’t state is that it is 5G-enabled. Also, the ecosystem of the device helps to mix several essential applications with high-end software. You can choose between the 256GB or 128GB variants. Whichever you choose comes with 8GB RAM which is sufficient to prevent the device from hanging.
There are two major challenges with this device. First, it doesn’t allow users to expand on the internal memory as there is no memory card slot. Secondly, the device doesn’t come with a radio. If you can look past these flaws, then the Vivo Y52s t1 is a great option.
Vivo is known for equipping its devices with top-quality cameras. However, we think that it didn’t do justice to the cameras on the Vivo Y52s t1. Firstly, this device features a dual-camera module behind which is quite outdated. To make up for this, Vivo equips the primary camera with 48 megapixels. The depth camera packs just 2 megapixels and is mostly just a decoration.
There is a waterdrop notch selfie camera in front that packs 8 megapixels. While this is not too bad, both cameras can only record 1080p videos. Nonetheless, you should still enjoy good images even though they may be too smooth sometimes.
Vivo makes up for the several flaws of this device by equipping it with a top battery. The Vivo Y52s t1 packs a 5000mAh battery. This makes this device great for playing games, watching videos, and long talks over the phone.