While Xiaomi seems to be a new entrant into the African smartphone market, it is fast stealing the show. The company presented us with the Xiaomi Mi 10 and 10 ultra in 2020. This year it has announced the arrival of the Xiaomi Mi 11X. We will discuss the price, specs, and features of this smartphone in this post.
Price of Xiaomi Mi 11X in Zambia
As of the time of writing this post, the Xiaomi Mi 11X is yet to hit the Zambian market. However, we have checked figures online to come up with a price estimate of this device when it finally arrives in Zambia. Based on our estimations, the Xiaomi Mi 11X smartphone should be between KW165,000 and KW170,000 when it hits Zambian retail stores.
Xiaomi Mi 11X Specs at a Glance
- Launched: 2021, April 23
- Size: 7 x 76.4 x 7.8 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.31 in)
- Number of SIMs: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Networks: 2G (GSM), 3G (HSPA), 4G (LTE), 5G (No)
- Operating system: Android 11, MIUI 12
- Display size: 67 inches, 107.4 cm2(~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- PPI density: 395 PPI density
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 6GB and 8GB
- Internal memory: 128GB
- Memory card: No
- Main camera: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide) 5 MP, f/2.4, 50mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- Camera features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video specs: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie camera: 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- Selfie video specs: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Earphone jack: No
- Speaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Radio: No
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NavIC
- Bluetooth: 1, A2DP, LE
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Battery type: Li-Po 4520 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 52 min (advertised) Power Delivery 3.0 Quick Charge 3+
- Colors: Celestial Silver, Lunar White, Cosmic Black
Xiaomi Mi 11X Review
There are several things to love about the Xiaomi Mi 11X. In this section, we will take a look at some of the impressive specs of this device.
One glance at this device and you will see how stunning and attractive it is. From its tiny bezels to the frosted glass design and the positioning of the rear camera. Everything seems so immaculate for a flagship device.
There are three colors, Cosmis Black, Lunar White, and Celestial Silver. All the colors are attractive but that’s all that there is, no patterns or textures. Since it is so smooth, you may need to deal with smudges and fingerprints a lot of times every day.
This device has a thin profile and is reasonably light. Because of this, it is portable enough for easy handling and storage in your pocket or purse. The power button of the device is located to the right of the device. This button also doubles as the fingerprint reader, a different design that makes the reader pop out.
The front of the phone has a characteristic display and punch-hole selfie camera. There is also a ring that circles the selfie camera. All in all, this device has a great design and looks everything like a 2021 smartphone.
One of the top features of this device is the display. What you get is the same AMOLED panel in the Samsung E4 along with a refresh rate of 120Hz. The display size is 6.67-inch which is just as large as what you have in most smartphones in the same class.
Due to the AMOLED panel, there is a reduction in power consumption by about 15%. The flat display of this device is one of the best on the market for now. There is also the option to further calibrate the display in the settings menu.
Readability in both outdoor and indoor conditions is great. The only challenge is that after a few seconds outside, the smartphone may drop in brightness levels. Asides from these, the display of the Xiaomi Mi 11X is quite impressive.
This is another aspect that makes this device one of the best smartphones in the market currently. It comes with a Snapdragon 870 processor and an octa-core processor that has a 3.2GHz clock speed. The gaming and graphics content are handled by the Adreno 650 GPU.
There are two different configurations of this device, the 6GB and 8GB RAM along with 128GB internal storage. Unlike many other devices, you cannot expand on the internal storage space with a microSD card. As one will expect, this device offers optimal performance no matter the kind of task that is thrown at it.
The Xiaomi Mi 11X comes with a triple rear camera setup with a main camera of 48 megapixels. There is also a 5-megapixel macro shooter and 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens. The front camera presents you with 20 megapixels.
Both the front and rear cameras promise high-quality images. However, you cannot record 4K videos on this device at 60fps. While this device performs great in other aspects, it doesn’t do so well in the camera department. Even though you may get good photos in the day with the 48-megapixel camera, shooting in the night isn’t void of noise.
The Xiaomi Mi 11X comes with a 4520mAh battery. This battery is non-removable and features 33W fast charging. The claim is that the battery can hit 50% charge in just 19 minutes while a full charge takes 51 minutes.
Considering the power of this battery, it can be better as most devices in the same class feature 5000mAh or 6000mAh batteries. However, this is manageable and you can always plug in when you are running out of charge. Nonetheless, the Xiaomi Mi 11X is a great device that features excellent capabilities.